Book Review: The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb

rating:★★★☆☆



Well that was better than I expected.

first impressions
I had pretty high hopes for this book, since some of the reviews really praised it... I actually bought the epub of this book, which kind of shows how desperate I was to read it. I put this one down for a few months and finally finished it today.

raves
okay okay. I loved the integration of Pride and Prejudice (I LOVE LOVE LOVE PRIDE AND PREJUDICE). I didn't realize how it fit in with the story until the very end and it just gave me a bunch of little grins. Oh, and Brian. Brian totally made me laugh. I loved Todd as well. What a quirky character. Jack seemed like a normal, and talented nice guy and he didn't really strike me as anything... except the last scene of the book was really cute. I loved it. I loved it!! I'LL ADMIT. I LIKED IT!! I think the characters were nicely developed.

Oh and the $3 rose thing? We do that too at my school. Haha. Liked it. 

Also the bullying stuff? I liked it. Don't ask me why, but I LOVED THE BULLYING SCENES. AHAHA! SO REALISTIC.

rants
I'll admit it was cliche... but I don't have a lot of bad things to say about this book, except that it was really cliche. But it was nicely written!

So yeah. this was definitely better than I expected! 3.5 stars for me. :)

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.