Meeting Marissa Meyer! @Chapters Metrotown

Well hello! Long time no see. So, it's 4:52PM, and around three hours ago I was at my local mall (is two blocks away local? or neighbourhood pfft.) to attend a signing!

Marissa Meyer was at Chapters Metrotown!

I admit, walking in and finding a small audience facing a podium was startling. I thought it was going to be somewhere more public, but it was nestled right inside the store, right infront of the YA section. (I guess that makes sense, right?) So I passed by all the adults and perched myself in a seat in the second row (after bumping into a girl with my gigantic backpack and crashing into a bookshelf). I sat there reading my ereader (because I was forty minutes early) and voila! Meyer was there!

She was a lot skinnier than I expected her to be (her goodreads photo must be outdated). Meyer talked about how she got the idea for her novel, and it was pretty entertaining.

I'll summarize her story for all of you guys!

Meyer apparently got into writing from Sailor Moon, and writing fanfiction. (lmfao this sounds eerily like me) So she wrote for 10+ years, and somehow she found a competition where you needed to choose two elements from the list and include it into her story, So she chose...

Futuristic, and fairy tale. 


Meyer wrote a puss n' boots set in the future, and thus, she became interested in the genre!

Then, nanowrimo came up, and there was an event for seattle residents. It stated that if you wrote the most words in November, you could be on Star Trek! She told us (with great humour) that her whole family were Trekkies. She got third place, but she wrote drafts for the Lunar Chronicles! After two years from that point, she revised Cinder and ta-da!

She then told us to ask her questions and what not, and the gist of the whole thing was that...

1. The future books will be based on new heroines, with Cinder in them as well, but it's not going to be completely Cinder!
2. All the heroines are going to meet up at the end and join forces against the Queen.
3. Book two will be 40% Cinder, 50% Scarlet.

So I went up, she signed the inside with my name, and I asked her to sign the front with a silver sharpie. :) Apparently she has this red shoe event thing going on so I happened to be wearing white converse with red stars on them (lmao) so she told me to write down my address so I would receive A CINDER MIRROR! COOL. I CAN'T WAIT :D

I took a picture with her and that was it. Here are the pictures.



 

5 Comments

  • July 14, 2012 at 8:23 p.m. | Permalink

    I love that! I have been wanting to read that book for a little bit now. Maybe I can get husband to buy it for me! She has such beautiful handwriting too! Congrats on getting her signature and a picture! You rock. So what is a Cinder Mirror or do I need to read the book to understand that? Maybe it's just a mirror and I just asked a goofy question?

    Just wanted to let you know I was a new follower. Great blog!

    Amy
    http://www.readtomyhearts.blogspot.com
    http://www.superreadingkids.blogspot.com

  • July 14, 2012 at 9:19 p.m. | Permalink

    ;-; thanks for following!

    You should really read it. I found it really interesting. Thank you again! Haha. It was really fun meeting her in person. Nope it's just a little mirror with Cinder stuff printed on the back of it. Hahaha.

  • June 21, 2013 at 7:35 p.m. | Permalink

    Very nice and useful information. Why not write a book about this particular subject. For today’s economic variation and be short of of opportunities, it actually will be a very hot topic. Thanks a lot
    Click here

  • June 21, 2013 at 8:09 p.m. | Permalink

    Thanks for posting. Have a good time! I am waiting for this.swimming pool contractors

  • June 23, 2013 at 8:49 p.m. | Permalink

    This is a good and an informative article. It’s good to be here. I will share it with my friends.
    wayfinding & statutory signage

  • Leave a Reply

    Powered by Blogger.