Book Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

RATING ★★★★★




first impression
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. PERFECTION MAYBE.
I WAS CLUTCHING AND SCREAMING MY E-READER THE WHOLE TIME
AND GASPING IN AP PSYCHOLOGY DESPITE THE STARES I GOT
IT
WAS
AMAZING. 
///AND CUT. My insane raving.


reaction
Oh. Woah there. What a whirlwind.
I never realized that this book may not suit others, but from the moment I picked it up, I can say that I was COMPLETELY hooked. I kept reading and reading and didn't realize how fast I'd sped through this. (And that has NEVER happened to me before.)


And yes, some people may think it moved slow, but AU CONTRAIRE.. I think it was WELL DEVELOPED.


raves
The language hooked me and really appealed to me and I loved Meyer's descriptive language. I mean, I can completely map out each scene in my head and every single character... Except for their faces!


Also, the SETTING. The setting REALLY hooked me in and it was a mix of everything, EVERYTHING I love and loved. It's also everything that I am. (Asian culture, hence, asian.) New Beijing with Technology? It also had a hint of old-fashionedness which I looooove. I'm all about regency y'know. Loooooved this. Soooo bad.


rants
I felt that Meyer really lacked in describing Cinder and Kaito or any of the characters. Sure, I know Kai's hair colour but I know barely anything about the other characters! Their personalities were great and grounded but I couldn't exactly picture their faces.


Maybe that's not important for some, but I really love facial expressions. Or maybe I was just really hungry for facial descriptions for this particular novel!


So now, I'm completely at a loss after the end. I CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK .
NOR CAN I WAIT TWO YEARS FOR THE THIRD BOOK. AND DONT EVEN ASK ABOUT ME WAITING FOR THE FOURTH IN 3 YEARS.


I'm gasping and shaking. How can I wait so long?


>>lennie .

4 Comments

  • January 24, 2012 at 11:09 p.m. | Permalink

    LOL waiting is the worst part!!
    because you lose interest after a while and that /sucks/

  • January 26, 2012 at 8:36 p.m. | Permalink

    I KNOWWWWWW. IT'S
    THE
    BANE
    OF
    MY
    EXISTANCE
    im dyinggg for the next one already
    sobbign
    creying

  • January 26, 2012 at 9:32 p.m. | Permalink

    LMAOOOO
    you should have an 'about' page
    or something aha

  • January 28, 2012 at 10:43 p.m. | Permalink

    ABOUT MYSELF?

    boringgg later

  • Leave a Reply

    Powered by Blogger.