Scarlet ARC Review (The Lunar Chronicles)

 

I received this Advance Reader's copy thanks to Marissa Meyer herself! Many thanks.

Rating: ★★★★☆ (4/5)

Phew! I finally received this long awaited ARC! (Funny enough, it was squished into my tiny apartment mailbox, but came out perfectly intact.)

First Impressions
The fairytale twist in Cinder is a bit different than I expected, but I'm totally down for it. Wolf was a fantastic character (although I thought his introduction was a bit hilarious for some reason) and the only word I can use to describe him and Scarlet is... sexy.
The novel started off slightly slower than I expected, but it definitely picked itself up. I didn't really like Scarlet at first, because she seemed like a typical hotheaded young lady. When the POV switched to Cinder, I was really glad for the first half of the book. Scarlet was a little bit too angry for my liking. I guess she sort of redeemed herself with Wolf!

Characters


Cinder, of course, was absolutely fantastic. I could tell that she was still wavering in her resolve, but she proved to be a strong lead in the end.

Scarlet, bored me at times with her cliche lines and feelings... I think Cinder was too much of a refreshing POV for me! I slowly came to admire her bravery in the face of adversity, and also her weaknesses, which were of course... merely human weaknesses. She couldn't help them.
An interesting switch in  POV from Cinder who was always mistreated and had many doubts, to Scarlet who is loud, angry, and strong. 


P.S. WOLF IS HELLA SEXY.


...and last but not least, what I liked and didn't liked. It was a bit slow going with the introduction but it slowly picked up the pace towards the end and I felt that this novel paced the story for Cinder, and allowed her to gather her thoughts and come to a resolve. Scarlet's plot seems independent, but I'm sure she'll play an important role in the novels to come.

What I didn't like was that I felt that I was being dragged along, whereas when I was reading Cinder, I was on my toes constantly.

What I liked was the refreshing originality, romance, and overall plot.
Seriously looking forward to the next novel. OASIDFLKASJF (I might have to wait the same time as everyone else next time though D:)

-vivian

33 Comments

  • October 16, 2012 at 2:14 a.m. | Permalink

    Great review, Scarlet is one of the books I would sell my soul for ;) can't wait for it (and I want to meet Wolf)!!!

  • March 27, 2013 at 12:54 a.m. | Permalink

    This post shows the information which is close to standard. Hope next You will again post a nice Article/Information.

    dentist dallas tx

  • June 7, 2013 at 7:08 p.m. | Permalink

    I am interested in the article. Thank so much. I hope to see more useful news from you.
    Ron Gallemore

  • June 10, 2013 at 2:47 a.m. | Permalink

    I am very enjoyed for this side. Its a nice topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks

  • June 10, 2013 at 9:42 p.m. | Permalink

    Thank you for providing such a thoughtful post, I really enjoyed it.Your posts are so informative that I always come back for more.
    Internet Marketing for Attorneys

  • June 10, 2013 at 10:34 p.m. | Permalink

    While I can't agree with all your points I did enjoy reading your post.Thanks for providing some food for thought with this post.
    Madison AL Tax Services

  • June 10, 2013 at 11:21 p.m. | Permalink

    I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you web log post
    University of Phoenix Online

  • June 10, 2013 at 11:39 p.m. | Permalink

    * Nice article.I am interested in the article. Thank so much. I hope to see more useful news from you

  • June 12, 2013 at 1:10 a.m. | Permalink

    To be sure with all your thoughts here and that i like your blog!
    Like your writing! Still you can do some things to improve it.

    Liberty University

  • June 12, 2013 at 9:12 p.m. | Permalink

    I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Your article makes us very happy.Fashion Career Networking

  • June 12, 2013 at 11:19 p.m. | Permalink

    People can have their different opinions on the subject matter and I believe that you have written your opinions down thoroughly.
    ssl

  • June 12, 2013 at 11:38 p.m. | Permalink

    People can have their different opinions on the subject matter and I believe that you have written your opinions down thoroughly.
    online marketing training courses

  • June 18, 2013 at 1:33 a.m. | Permalink

    I find the subject of evolution and creationism to be rather interesting. Contains wonderful and useful messages,Thanks for the nice post.Thanks for the nice post
    ssl certificate authority

  • June 18, 2013 at 2:28 a.m. | Permalink

    You've made some valid points and I think you're spot on.I Totally agree with this post, it gives good advice.
    iphone application developer

  • June 24, 2013 at 8:49 p.m. | Permalink

    I find the subject of evolution and creationism to be rather interesting. Contains wonderful and useful messages,Thanks for the nice post.Thanks for the nice post
    orlando internet marketing

  • June 24, 2013 at 9:31 p.m. | Permalink

    You've made some valid points and I think you're spot on.I Totally agree with this post, it gives good advice.
    iphone developers

  • June 24, 2013 at 10:49 p.m. | Permalink

    I think you hit the nail on the head with your post.Thank you for a well written post, it really made me think.
    richmond tx ent

  • June 25, 2013 at 12:25 a.m. | Permalink

    Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats!
    You Look Awesome

  • July 2, 2013 at 1:41 a.m. | Permalink

    You've made some valid points and I think you're spot on.I Totally agree with this post, it gives good advice.
    san diego internet marketing

  • July 2, 2013 at 2:13 a.m. | Permalink

    A very good looking site and very informative too.
    weight loss fast

  • July 10, 2013 at 2:11 a.m. | Permalink

    I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic.
    customer service call center

  • July 11, 2013 at 1:05 a.m. | Permalink

    How pretty and good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. I am very happy to be read your share. Have a good time !

  • July 18, 2013 at 2:47 a.m. | Permalink

    Thanks very much for your posting. I have found it for many days. And until now I found what I want. I hope you will spend a little time writing new articles.
    order taking call center

  • July 27, 2013 at 1:23 a.m. | Permalink

    I have to disagree with the opinion on this subject matter but in the end the research that you have done was great for your opinion.
    professional android 2 application development

  • August 4, 2013 at 2:39 a.m. | Permalink

    I read the article and decide this post is competent for this site. This post provide its main option and sharing with all.
    weight loss diet

  • August 8, 2013 at 12:19 a.m. | Permalink

    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own blog now.

  • August 14, 2013 at 1:04 a.m. | Permalink

    have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
    vacations in dubai

  • August 22, 2013 at 2:06 a.m. | Permalink

    I agree with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your incoming updates. Just saying thanks will not just be adequate, for the wonderful clarity in your writing.It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully
    eliquid

  • October 8, 2013 at 12:08 a.m. | Permalink

    I am hooked on it. Your ideas is very clear and easy to understand. Thanks so much. In case you need information about dịch thuật tiếng trung, I can share you many information

  • October 8, 2013 at 8:01 p.m. | Permalink

    Thanks for this awesome post. It is filled with knowledge and information. wait for your upcoming post about seoulian

  • December 15, 2013 at 6:07 p.m. | Permalink

    Tôi thích đọc về chủ đề này và bạn sẻ post tiếp các bài viết liên quan chứ?cong ty dich thuat

  • November 21, 2014 at 12:25 a.m. | Permalink

    Thank you for your sharing. I want to introduce more games.If you like click down.thank all!!!!!!!!
    Friv4school
    Bad Piggies 2
    Frin

  • June 27, 2017 at 12:24 p.m. | Permalink

    Is there anyway you would consider trading this ARC? I would completely understand if you didn't want to, but if you are willing I would buy you as many published books as you want. Thanks for your consideration.

  • Leave a Reply

    Powered by Blogger.