Book Review: Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl

★★☆☆☆ (2/5stars) This might be a little hard to read if you haven't previously trudged through historical romances. The style of this book is very traditional to the historical romances that I've read, so some people might not be used to it. It can be hard to get into. I thought it was rather cutely written, although I've seen this same type of format in a lot of other historical romances. Obviously Fredericks is going to be rich and the one who will marry Althea. Anyone can see that. The evil stepsister thing was a little typical and I found Althea such an annoying meddling girl at times... but then I felt that it was such a part of her character that I couldn't hate it. I also didn't expect Frederick's to be the one who paid for all the repairs. There isn't much to say about this book because it's such a light read and doesn't have much depth.

One Comment

  • December 27, 2013 at 5:56 a.m. | Permalink

    Nice review! :D

    Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/keeping-castle-by-patrice-kindl.html

    Thanks and have a nice day!

  • Leave a Reply

    Powered by Blogger.