Book Review: The Statistical Probably Of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith



First Impression
Alright. I'll admit it. I thought this was gonna be a light romance that takes place all on a plane where they get off and exchange #'s. TADA. HAHAHA. Well it does say that it takes place over a 24hour period. Flights to Taiwan take 12 hours okay? Nice cover by the way. Looked forward to reading this.

Rants
Okay okay. The romance wasn't really believable. I guess it could happen that you become super comfortable with someone you met for a few hours... and especially if you're setting right next to each other on the airplane. But it was a little too coincidental for my liking. Oliver was too perfect, and I didn't get to see more about him, but then again... twenty-four hours. I'll let this go.

Raves
What I really loved about this was the whole divorce-marriage-funeral thing. I could totally relate to it, since my relationship with my father is almost non-existant. When Hadley was describing how uncomfortable she was with the change with her two parents, I felt my heart ache in a way that I already experienced before. The HEA was expected and they came to terms with what they couldn't a little too fast, but the feelings were genuine.

One Sentence Review
I wish I could meet a guy for a few hours on the plane, follow him to his dad's funeral, have him follow me back to my dad's wedding reception, dance with me, kiss, and fall in love.

But that's never gonna happen.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.